Friday, May 9, 2008

Updates and Illustrates

Well, I went to see the doctor today, but it turns out I'm really no better off than I was before. I explained what happened with my shin, and she came to the same basic conclusion: It's either a sprained muscle or possibly a stress fracture...great. But she did give me some high-strength ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation even more. So if it is a muscle problem, it will probably heal faster.


She also set me up an appointment at an orthopedic center. The good news, is they will probably tell me what exactly is going on. The bad news is that it's scheduled for next Friday. So guess where I'm hanging out for the next week? Good old Damascus, VA. But on the bright side, trail days starts up tomorrow, so at least I won't be too bored. I might even volunteer... if they take me.


I scrounged up some more pictures taken by Twinkletoes.


Here is a moment on the Smoky Mountains, right before our great Gatlinburg getaway:

Here I am, beating a 12-year-old in chess back in Hiawassee. I felt pretty good about that:

8 comments:

matt.frades said...

i am sending telekinetic healing impulses to your shin.

don't lose hope: Do Your Best. that's all you ever can do.

Anonymous said...

Give up on hope. Hope is for losers and communist women.

Have them take your leg off and replace it with a powerful cyborg appendage. Then you can use that leg to finish the trail in an hour and destroy everything in your path.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Island Uncle said...

Hang in there, and if the worst happens, you gave it a shot...and after you heal, the trail will still be there...you've had more experiences and fun in a month than most couch potatoes do in many moons...enjoy Damascus, the culture,the hospitality, the laundromats...keep us posted.

Mom said...

I feel bad for Logan and all, but Dave, when ARE you publishing your novel??

Anonymous said...

Hi Logan! We've been following your adventures and living vicariously...just wanted to let you know that we are more than happy to come get you and take you to Richmond for a break, recuperation, etc. at any time - whether you continue or not - please let us know how we can help! I think you have our cell phones, but here is our info: home:804.379.1165; Chris cell: 804.399.3378; Karen cell: 804.399.3380 ; email: ckjunker@verizon.net
All best wishes - give us a call,
Chris and Karen Junker

DRC Leary said...

i live but to make up stories about logan. maybe someday he'll let me follow him through the woods with a lute. though first i'd have to learn to play the lute. and then convince logan that he wanted to be followed by one.

sandy and i are both pulling for you brother, being transplanted from a sea of green leaf to a pool of blue hospital blankets can't be easy. can you tell us what the forest is like down there compared to home? any good megafauna?

Anonymous said...

judging from that traildays website it looks like you'll be hanging out with a bunch of hippies for the next week. hope you brought your phish shirt.