Thursday, May 15, 2008

These boots are made for...something

Well trail days is starting to pick up and hikers are filling out the town. Also, I can walk! I walked with my pack yesterday and felt fine for the most part. Granted I only went a couple miles and the terrain was a sidewalk, but I consider this a small victory.
I almost don't feel like going to my appointment tomorrow, but I will just in case it's still something serious.

The First Baptist church here in town is putting on a free dinner, so I just got my ticket for that. I'm pretty sure a hiker could stay in town this weekend and not spend a penny on food. So many people want to feed us! All sorts of vendors will be setting up today too, fixing pretty much any gear problems we may have. Should be a good time.

Other stuff:

Restaurants I want up north:
Shoney's
Waffle house
Any place that serves biscuits and gravy

Signs I've come across:
Slippary when wet
Shirt and Shoes Appreciated (not required--appreciated)

On one of the dryers in a laundromat:
Some gets hotter than others

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Any place that serves biscuits and gravy"

They have those way up north in Maine. Remember that weekend the group of us spent up there? Dave A. had them for breakfast at the diner we stopped at before driving back home.

Mom said...

A required 'mom' comment-You be careful! Glad you're better!!!

Anonymous said...

On one of the dryers in a laundromat:
vinyl garments should bot be drier they may dried.

Anonymous said...

i agree with dopot