Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Over and Out

Well I just rolled into Damascus last night... What a neat little trail-town. Seems to have everything a hiker needs: hostels, laundry, grocery stores... Everyone's real friendly too. There also seems to be remnants of some sort of festival strewn about town. Wonder what that was all about. Oh well.
Anyway, I'm here and my shin feels fine. Actually, I put in a 25-miler last night, and while I was sore, this time it was my whole body as opposed to a small part of my leg.

So now I'm healthy and ready to hike... except that all my hiking buddies have since pushed on and are miles ahead of me. I may catch up though, we'll see. But for now I'm allll alone. I think I'll like it though--especially since I have my own schedule and can pretty much do any distance and stop anywhere I like. Also, I have my MP3 player now (thanks dad).

So now I'm leaving Damascus for real... no seriously.

Here is a photo of me that was just taken today:

Link to larger image

...and yes, that's a kilt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a real man to wear a kilt. Also, nice beard!
Sandy

EB said...

Aww, they are losers for leaving you. The big losers.

Glad you are feeling better though. Sexy sexy kilt with ski poles. I assume they are useful, since I don't even walk balanced/well normally, maybe I should get some of them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Logan,
We're glad that your shin is feeling better. We enjoyed a nice lunch at Vinnie T's...thanks for sending the gift card. Take care and enjoy your travels.
-Michelle H

Anonymous said...

You're in a skirt. And you need a cape.

Wow, you're rocking a beard and it's actually VISIBLE. *sniff* My little Logan is all grown up.

Also, I watched the Spurs/LA game last night... Ginobli flops a lot for a soccer player, let alone someone who plays an American sport.

Island Uncle said...

When you are thru with the hike, with the beard and the do-rag,.. I'll betcha you can get a job as a model sittin' on a Harley...well, riding side saddle..well...

Anonymous said...

are you bringing that lawn chair with you too?

Maury said...

noooooo....you jumped on the skirt train! yaaay...you can hike again!

anyway, i'm takin this weekend off at home, but i'll be in Bland again on monday. start bustin out those 30s.

Erin said...

Well, you're definitely starting to rock the Mountain Man look... :)