Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am Home! (kind of)

First off, here's the picture of me on the Pike:


And here's a more current picture of my return to my Home state:

Yes, I am in Vermont where I'm hiking the A.T. and Long Trail simultaneously. It's good to be home, but does home have to be so muddy? The Long Trail has been one giant mud puddle so far, and with all this rain I don't think the remainder will be any different.

We have been hammered lately. Packing up in the rain this morning was not too fun at all, but we still pulled a 21 mile day to get into Manchester Ctr. Where we are staying at the Green Mountain House: A wonderful hiker hostel with all the frills, including free soda (like nectar to me).

So I'm happy to be dry for a night, but I'm sure that won't last long, looking at the weather forecast. Welcome to Vermud!


Also, I hope you get back on the trail, Blaze. Hang in there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your arrival to the kickass Green Mountain State! Since you were wondering, I scoured the archives for your best lookalike. The results are in - your long-lost twin is Justin Foley, the drummer for Killswitch Engage (might I point out that he's still got you out-bearded): http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/justinholyshoot_lo.jpg

Guess you have no choice but to start a metalcore band.

-Eric Z.

Island Uncle said...

hey logan...welcome to soggy vermont...congrats on a great hike...hope to see you on Thurs.
island uncle