Tuesday, July 15, 2008

PA Rocked My Socks Off

Hello from Delaware Water Gap, PA: right on the New Jersey border... which means Pennsylvania is no more! The jagged knife-edged rocks that littered the trail and tore up my feet will be a thing of the past. If this PC wasn't running Windows 2000 and I could upload pictures, I would show you what I'm talking about. But it's just been rocks day in and day out, with little in the way of relief. To make matters worse, it rained the other day, so I had to deal with wet rocks. If I didn't have my hiking poles, I'd be missing my two front teeth right now.

But now that I'm entering NJ, rocks will turn into bears as some New Jersey counties have 1 per square mile (according to my book). That means that either I'll have some cool pictures or...something else. Anyway I'm excited for NJ because the 'rents will be paying a visit when I hit High Point State park. Can't wait to feel somewhat at home again!

Anyway, I should sign off now that people are waiting to use this... oh, also, I was able to check out a Cabela's store. Largest Hunting and fishing outfitter in the U.S.... both amazing and frightening.

No comments: