Monday, June 2, 2008

There's a Walmart in this Town!

This audio clip sums up how I feel while staying in town:


Aladdin's soliloquy is apt for the hiker as well as the street-rat.

So we got into Pearisburg a couple days ago and took a zero yesterday as it poured. We seem to time the zeros just right so that we skip that one day of rain.
The terrain continues to be on the easy side as we just pulled a 23 miler to get into town. Not many views, but easy.
At mile-marker 624.0, I've completed part 1 of Virginia (according to my book), so there's only 3 more to go! In other news, Virginia is a wicked long state.
I'm finally able to send my cold weather gear home thought, as we enter the summer months here down south. Hopefully that will reduce my pack-weight somewhat.

I've also become separated from Waffle, Just Mike, and Tea-bag, and am now hiking with two girls named Snap and Snack. Great people just seem to be a day away here on the trail.

Well, it looks like we have a nice, sunny day of hiking ahead of us. 'Till next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well. That song is perfect. I love Aladdin too. The summer weather must be nice hiking in. Sounds like things are going well. We all enjoy reading your blog here. Take it easy and we are looking forward to your next entry.

Anonymous said...

Snap, Snack and Longshot. Sounds like a band or something :)

Anonymous said...

When I saw the words "walmart", "aladdin" and "audio" in this post, I could've sworn "a whole new world" was coming. You know, because it's a whole new world of consumerism and falling prices you're exposed to.

-Eric Z.

Anonymous said...

Aladdin makes me laugh.

Otherwise we'd get along...WRONG!