Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dogs and Spoons

Ok, picture time. But first:

Man, it's been wicked hot lately... 80s 90s everyday, unbelievably humid... I'm dripping with sweat within minutes of hiking. But I've been swimming in streams and napping in shade when I can. So goes the hike.

Also, I just had to be away from a tv during a Celtics - Lakers finals. A CELTICS LAKERS FINALS! Such a thing does not come along every year. I heard Boston won game 1, and I even be able to catch game 2 tonight if my hotel roomies let me. I also think Bird and Magic should coach their respective teams just for this series, so that they can have one final showdown.

So here are some pictures:

Me on top of a mountain coming out of Pearisburg:
The resulting sunset on that mountain:
This is Tabba, an english sheepdog. His owner, Gouda, found him abandoned at trail days with a million ticks all over him. So he took him to the vet, shaved him, and they now hike the trail together.
A dog like that you have to feed every day.


On top of Dragon's tooth:

Hitch-hiking:
(the sign says "WON'T KILT U")

Oh yeah, I finally made my spoon:
Can I eat Full Quiver now?

7 comments:

Mom said...

Okay, I'll bite- what's full quiver?

Anonymous said...

you have cinnamon life on the trail?

Island Uncle said...

beautiful views, sunsets, dogs, and quivers...can you live on the trail?

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Grizzly Adams!!! Great Beard!!!!

Unknown said...

There's probably no chance you managed to find a TV to watch what has been dubbed "The greatest comeback in NBA Finals history", is there? :)

Dustan and Betsy said...

Longshot! Great to find your blog. I'm at Vachon's house and Twinkletoes pointed me your way.

I will try to come back and catch up on the rest soon - right now we're running out the door to a movie. Hard life. :)

P.s. You take naps in the middle of the day? That would make me so groggy I'd cry.

Anonymous said...

The enormous beard and headscarf makes you look like you've been running some sort of al-quaeda terrorist training camp in the woods..especially the picture at the very bottom of the post